With StashAway Academy’s wide range of personal finance and investing courses and events in your hands, you can finally make financial decisions with confidence.
StashAway Academy Curriculum
- Determine your current financial standing
- Set up a budget that reflects your current and future priorities
- Specify and prioritise your life goals and assess how much they will cost to achieve
- Develop a strategic action plan to reach your goals
- Set up cost-effective safety nets for you and your loved ones
- Review and revise your financial plan along the way
- Understand basic investing terms (to be continued in Investing Basics)
- The differences between various asset classes
- What a balanced portfolio should look like
- What you should consider before making an investment
- Understanding your personal risk preferences
- Why your investment timeline is important
- Do-it-yourself investing versus having a portfolio manager
- Dollar-cost Averaging versus Timing the market
- What are ETFs?
- The wide range of ETFs
- ETFs vs Unit Trusts
- How to evaluate ETFs to decide which ETFs to invest in
- How ETFs fit into a passive investment strategy
- How to maximise your CPF
- An introduction to SRS
- Putting a timeline on investments to help make your money last
- Why it’s important to know your personal risk appetite based on your profile
Robo-advisors have become popular around the world largely due to their low fees, accessibility, and convenience. We've taken these value propositions up a notch: Our proprietary risk-management investment strategy, ERAA™ (Economic Regime-based Asset Allocation) sets it apart from other financial advisors and robo-advisors in that it systematically maximises returns while minimising risk. The technology that powers the framework uniquely makes strategic asset allocation decisions based on thousands of macro-economic data points instead of securities selection.
Join us as we explain what sets our framework apart from other investment managers, and what that means for your portfolios.
- The differences between securities selection (also known as ‘stock picking’) and asset allocation
- The economic data that StashAway uses to make unbiased, informed, and long-term investment decisions
- The StashAway Risk Index and our emphasis on risk-management
- Expected returns
- An introduction to bonds, including types of issuers and structures
- Bond yields and the price-yield relationship
- Duration & convexity
- Understanding the yield curve
- How bonds can be an attractive addition to a portfolio
- Introduction to the FX market and currency pairs
- Understanding your personal currency exposure
- Home bias
- How to hedge against currency fluctuations
- Will and estate planning
- Setting up a trust
- Emergency funding
With all of the different investment options available, it can be difficult to determine which portfolio manager should invest your hard-earned money. Here, we’ll give you an inside look into StashAway and explain how our technology and investment strategy set our offering apart from other traditional financial advisors and robo-advisors. More specifically, we’ll discuss how our technology personalises your portfolios, and how it intelligently manages your investments.
You can use this as an opportunity to ask any question you have about how we manage your money, about the team, or whatever else is on your mind.
- Introduction to the company, the co-founders, the advisory team
- How our investment strategy seeks returns taking only a fraction of the risk
- A walk-through of the app, from sign-up to how to make the most out of the app
- Our fee structure and what it includes
- What is a Minimum Viable Product, and why do you need one?
- How to foster a culture in your workplace that breeds successful talent and results